Owning a home can be a dream and a burden at the same time. Leaks and break in fixtures and appliances make home upkeep hard sometimes! But with knowledge of these tips and facts, your plumbing needs will be taken care of, so read on!
- By installing water-efficient fixtures or appliances, you can use 30% less water!
- The leaks in an average household account for more than 10,000 gallons of wasted water annually. That’s the amount of water used for 270 loads of laundry!
- Once fixed, household leaks can reduce your water bill by about 10%.
- Toilets are the biggest source of water use in homes by a huge margin. They account for almost 30% of indoor residential water consumption.
- The third biggest energy expense in your home is water heating. Make sure the equipment you’re using is efficient!
- A leaky toilet wastes about 200 gallons of water each day. Replacing toilet parts or doing small toilet repair can easily prevent this.
- Drain cleaning can be hugely beneficial to homeowners as well, since clogged drains are the most common plumbing problem in homes.
- A family of five can save over 20,000 gallons of water each year by switching to a higher efficiency toilet and a water conservation calculator.
- The outdoor water usage in your home accounts for about half of your overall usage.
- For common water use, statistics break use into four categories: toilets (19%), washing machines (15%), showers (12%), and faucets (11%).
- Five of the easiest ways to save indoor water: install low-flow toilets, use a high-efficiency washer, reduce your shower time to five minutes, wash only full loads of laundry, and reduce your toilet flushes down by 25%.
Knowing these tips and facts are great, but 10% of lost water is due to leaks that aren’t easy to detect. Pay close attention or call a plumbing service for your plumbing needs!